Call us Now to avail- Phone Only Deals
About South African Airways
South African Airways (SAA) is the national airline carrier of South Africa. It was founded in 1934. The headquarters of this airline is located in Airways Park at O. R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg and operates a hub-aand-spoke network, serving ten destinations in Africa. The airline became a member of Star Alliance in 2006. And thus, it became the very first airline carrier in Africa to form an alliance with the top three airline alliances. In 1945, the airline introduced its first intercontinental service. Weekly service was initially flown, but this later increased to 6 times weekly due to high passenger demand. From 1946, passengers and cargo carried increased, along with the size of SAA's fleet and staff. South African Airways "Flying Springbok" logo was the symbol of the carrier from its formation in 1934 to 1997. The logo was discontinued in 1997 in favor of a new aircraft livery, but the word "Springbok" remains the airline's radio callsign.
Here Are Some Flight Recommendations
Maybe you can't buy happiness but you can buy a flight ticket and its the same thing! Get cheap air tickets like never before! Top destinations with best prices TODAY.
South African Airways Types Of Cabins
- Business Class: Turning left when you step onboard is always a treat, and whether you’re a seasoned traveler or a first-timer, our Business Class cabin of SAA is sure to impress. Passengers are welcomed onboard with a refreshing drink and given an amenity bag stocked with travel necessities and indulgent cosmetics. Also, the skillfully selected wine list will give you a high-class dining experience. The spacious seating area, with each seat having its own power portal so travelers can have the facility to charge their gadgets along with working during the flight. The flatbed seats are made from the finest leather and fabric and lie completely flat at 180° for a good night’s rest under a soft duvet with luxuriously large pillows and a padded seat cover that provides extra comfort. So, you can indeed have a sound sleep. Noise cancellation headsets offer you an uninterrupted and peaceful sleep.
- Economy Class: SAA’s Economy Class Cabins offer seats with extra space and generous legroom for your traveling comfort. Economy Class customers are offered a handy amenity kit with socks, eyeshades, and a toothbrush and toothpaste to make your flight more enjoyable. SAA aims to offer a traveling that should be a pleasure for the whole family, so parents are welcome to pre-order meals for children and babies and pre-book a baby bassinet if necessary. They also offer a fun activity pack for kids, and the inflight entertainment system has channels specially designed to keep the little travelers amused for hours. Just in case you are traveling with a wheelchair or small children. Passengers are welcomed to use the larger lavatory in the middle of Economy Class, thoughtfully designed at double the size of ordinary lavatories and fitted with a large baby-changing table. Each seat is fitted with a 10-inch screen, individual USB charging ports, and access to shared PC power points. Boredom will not be an option due to the inflight entertainment system. These high-tech touchscreens are fun and easy to use, giving you access to many hours of entertainment.
South African Airways Baggage Policy
- Carry-on Baggage: All hand baggage must fit either under the seat in front of you or one of the overhead lockers. Hand baggage must not obstruct emergency exits or aisles. Measurements allowed for the carry-on-baggage are 56cm (l) 36cm (w) 23cm (h). Larger laptop bags and standard/bulkier briefcases are not considered a personal items and count towards your standard hand baggage allowance. Star Alliance Gold members on either SAA or any Star Alliance partner-operated flights will also be entitled to the above carry-on items.
- Checked Baggage: As a guide, we have provided our standard checked baggage allowances, although exceptions are based on specific routes and ticket classes. The condition says the baggage here can have 2 pieces not exceeding 32kg per price in Business class and pieces not exceeding 23kg in economy class. SAA assesses baggage by some pieces rather than their weight, although weight restrictions do apply.
South African Airways Check-in Policy
Web Check-in: Avoid long queues at the airport by directly checking in to the South African Airways website with your ticket details, immigration details, and baggage. This helps airlines get ready for the transition process without any errors.
App Check-in: Ticket holders can check in through South African Airways's official app by presenting their immigration and ticket information.
Airport Check-in: This check-in procedure demands passengers to be at the airport at least 3 hours before departure and complete the check-in.
How To Book South African Airways Flights?
- Head to the official website page of South African Airways on your PC/laptop/mobile browser. Now, select the booking option on the website's landing page.
- Fill in your traveling information like takeoff city, destination, number of travelers, date, and time. Select whether the excursion is a full circle or one-way, and afterward, continue to the flight page.
- Select the feasible flight option that matches your clockwise time and budget on the flight page. Again, proceed to the next page.
- The website prompts you to fill in the personal information required to generate the ticket confirmation number on the itinerary page.
- From that point onward, push ahead to the payment page/gateway.
- Enter your debit or credit card details, confirm the sensitive info and then proceed with the payment confirmation via your bank.
- Once the bank approves your payment, the website system automatically generates your air ticket number and the itinerary card.
- The details will be sent to your enlisted number and enrolled email id.